We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organized individual with strong English language skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a good eye for detail to join JPCP Inc. as Editor of “The Journal of Pastoral Care & Counseling”.
The Journal of Pastoral Care Publications Inc. is a not-for-profit agency founded in 1946 by several of the professional associations in the fields of pastoral care, counseling, and education. The Member Associations continue to support JPCP by appointing JPCP’s members to the Board of Managers and providing financial funding.
The culture and ecology of The Journal of Pastoral Care Publications Inc. (JPCP) is made up of individuals and organizations who are continually working to improve and innovate their practices of care. Membership in JPCP is open to professional associations and cognate organizations in the pastoral/spiritual care, counseling, and education movements.
The role will involve a wide range of tasks including managing a virtual office, assessing manuscripts and associated research data for appropriateness and editorial quality, overseeing peer review process and subject tagging of manuscripts, and communication with external members of the research community. The successful candidate will also need to be a strong team player who enjoys interacting with people, and be fully computer literate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter closing date of August 12, 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you will be doing:
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Processing submissions for appropriateness and editorial quality to meet the standard required by our publisher.
- Overseeing peer review process
- Recruiting and vetting peer reviewers and maintaining a strong cohort of peer reviewers
- Offering workshops for researchers and practitioners to support them in having their work published. Attending relevant conferences for the field to represent the JPCP.
- Appropriate tagging of submissions to the relevant subject matter
- Providing support for authors using our online submission system, and managing the resolution of any queries
- Maintaining content management databases and ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate
- Visioning and theme development when appropriate or needed
- Ad hoc tasks assigned, where necessary
- Education at the graduate level in the area of Spiritual care, chaplaincy, and counselling is required.
- Knowledge of processes for academic publishing and peer review process is highly desired.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys interacting with people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong language skills
- Aptitude for understanding technical issues
- Computer skills essential – especially Word, Excel, Internet searching – and understanding of an online environment
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
For more information contact:
David C. Johnson
Email: [email protected]